38th International Seating Symposium – Call for Papers
The 38th International Seating Symposium is seeking quality presentations for the 2023 event. If you are interested in presenting, submit your proposal by August 15, 2022!
ISS is the world’s largest educational conference focusing on seating and mobility and other related assistive technologies. Make sure to take this opportunity to present your hard work in front of thousands of attendees.
Note: you will need to create a new account when submitting your abstract. Go to the link above, click “submit abstract,” then click “Need to Create an Account?” and you will be prompted to create a new account.
August 15, 2022
Submissions will not be accepted after this date.
NOTE: due to the increased interest in presenting at ISS, there have been changes to the submission requirements and review process. Please read the instructions in the abstract portal carefully. You must submit your own abstract; do not have someone submit on your behalf. If you need assistance submitting your abstract, please contact us (RST_CE@pitt.edu).
To maintain the high quality of presentations at the symposium and to encourage innovative discussion and advancement of the field, proposals will be evaluated and scored for:
- Innovation: new topics that have not been presented at prior/other conferences
- Quality of references, Written Abstract, and Learning Objectives
Note: Paper submission process is managed by Cvent. Cvent is compatible with Internet Explorer (IE) 11, as well as the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. Not sure which browser you’re using? Find out by clicking here. Download the latest version for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
The ISS is seeking course content for the following session types. Please note, you may submit only one (1) presentation per session type. If you submit more than one presentation of the same type, only the first submission will be reviewed.
- 1 Hour Conference Presentation
- 15 Minute Paper Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- 4 Hour Preconference Workshop
- 8 Hour Preconference Workshop
Proposed Areas of Consideration
Courses related to the following, or other relevant AT areas will be reviewed for content:
- Funding & Policy
- Home Modifications
- Information Technology (Smart Apps, Home Automation)
- Manual Seating & Mobility
- Powered Seating & Mobility
- Research Findings
- Service Delivery and Operations Management
Accepted presenters will receive the following discounts. Discounts and offers are limited to the primary speakers and cannot be combined or shared with any other presenters. All speakers are responsible for their own travel and lodging fees.
- 1 Hour Conference Presentation – 50% Early Bird Conference Registration Discount
- (Registration Fee becomes $364.50)
- 4 Hour or 8 Hour Preconference Presentation – Free Conference Registration
All questions regarding the Call for Papers can be directed to:
Karl A. Kemmerer, Continuing Education Manager, email@example.com