The University of Pittsburgh, Department of Rehabilitation Science & Technology Continuing Education Program (RSTCE) announces the 35th International Seating Symposium (ISS):
Symposium March 20 – 22, 2019
Pre- Symposium Workshops March 18 - 19, 2019
David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA USA
The 35th International Seating Symposium (ISS) is the world's largest educational conference and exhibition featuring wheelchairs and related assistive technologies. For the first time in 20 years, the ISS returns to Pittsburgh, PA and will take place March 20 – 22, 2019 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Conference attendees will have the option to earn up to 17 contact hours (1.7 CEUs) while chosing from over 140 courses taught by subject matter experts. Our 127k square foot exhibit hall will house exhibits from over 130 exhibitors including wheelchair and equipment manufacturers, educators, family-owned, non-profit and advocacy groups.
Exhibit Hall Booths Still Available! Link to PDF of the Exhibit Hall Layout
Exhibit Hall Hours
- Tuesday, March 19: 1:00 to 8:00 PM (Community Day - All are welcome!)
- Wednesday, March 20: 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Thursday, March 21: 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Friday, March 22: 7:30 - 10:30 AM
Early Bird Registration will open October 15, 2018.
- Early Bird Rate: $659.00 USD
- Regular Registration: $759.00 USD
- Student Rate: $250.00 USD (Students must show valid University ID when picking up registration badge.)
- Over 100 sessions including pre-symposium workshops, plenary sessions, instructional courses, papers, and posters
- Our largest exhibit hall yet - 127K square feet of the latest and greatest in assitive technoology
- Thursday night Social Event at Heinz Field
Assistive Technology Professionals (ATP)
Seating and Mobility Specialist (SMS)
Rehabilitation Engineering Technologist (RET)
People with Disabilities
Rehabilitation Engineers & Technicians
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors
Attendees with Disabilities
The ISS supports participation by all individuals. Attendees with a special need should notify RSTCE as soon as possible and at least 30 days prior to the ISS in order to arrange for reasonable accommodations.
Consent to Use Photographic Image
By attending the 35th ISS, attendees give the University of Pittsburgh permission to use the attendee's image or voice in photographs, video recordings, electronic reproductions, social networking, and audio recordings both now and in the future.
* The ISS reserves the right to cancel and/or replace sessions including Pre-Symposium Workshops due to insufficient registrations.