The University of Pittsburgh, Department of Rehabilitation Science & Technology Continuing Education Program (RSTCE) announces the 35th International Seating Symposium (ISS):
Symposium March 20 – 22, 2019
Pre- Symposium Workshops March 18 - 19, 2019
David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA USA
2019 Exhibit Hall now open for viewing! Link to PDF of the Exhibit Hall Layout
Exhibit Hall Hours
- Tuesday, March 19: 1:00 to 8:00 PM (Community Day - All are welcome!)
- Wednesday, March 20: 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Thursday, March 21: 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Friday, March 22: 7:30 - 10:30 AM
Call for Papers - Bridging the Gap from Data to Value
- Open May 1, 2018
- Close June 30, 2018
Notification of Acceptance in early September.
Bridging the Gap from Data to Value. The 35th ISS seeks to further review clinical evidence and its implicit connection to value based care. Presentations highlighting this theme, as well as, new research and standards in clinical application settings are preferred. The ISS seeks the highest quality of presenters and presentations; therefore please ensure your submitted abstract has not been presented at another conference.
The ISS is the leading educational and scientific conference in the field of wheelchair seating and mobility as well as, related technologies. The 35th ISS expects to host over 3,000 national and international attendees representing multiple countries and backgrounds.
The Symposium will include scientific and clinical papers, research forums, in-depth workshops, panel sessions, and an extensive exhibit hall. Presentations will address wheeled mobility and seating challenges, in addition to, solutions for people with disabilities across the lifespan. Conditions such as neuromuscular disorders, spinal cord injury and diseases of the spinal cord, orthopedic disorders, systemic conditions, obesity, and polytrauma will also be addressed.
Early Bird Registration will open October 15, 2018.
- Early Bird Rate: $659.00 USD
- Regular Registration: $759.00 USD
- Student Rate: $250.00 USD (Students must show valid University ID when picking up registration badge.)
- Over 100 sessions including: pre-symposium workshops, plenary sessions, instructional courses, papers, and posters
- A 127,000 square foot Exhibition Hall with over 150 exhibitors of products and services, with both public and attendee-only hours
- Thursday night Social Event.
Assistive Technology Professionals (ATP)
Seating and Mobility Specialist (SMS)
Rehabilitation Engineering Technologist (RET)
People with Disabilities
Rehabilitation Engineers & Technicians
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors
Attendees with Disabilities
The ISS supports participation by all individuals. Attendees with a special need should notify RSTCE as soon as possible and at least 30 days prior to the ISS in order to arrange for reasonable accommodations.
Consent to Use Photographic Image
By attending the 35th ISS, attendees give the University of Pittsburgh permission to use the attendee's image or voice in photographs, video recordings, electronic reproductions, social networking, and audio recordings both now and in the future.
* The ISS reserves the right to cancel and/or replace sessions including Pre-Symposium Workshops due to insufficient registrations.