The University of Pittsburgh
Department of Rehabilitation Science and Technology
Continuing Education Program (RSTCE) presents:
35th International Seating Symposium (ISS)
Symposium March 20 – 22, 2019
Pre- Symposium Workshops March 18 - 19, 2019
David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA USA
The ISS is the world's leading educational conference and exhibition on the topic of Wheelchair Seating, Mobility, and Associated Assistive Technologies; attended by all stakeholders including clinicians, consumers, advocates, researchers, providers, manufacturers, and policymakers from over 30 nations. Attendees have the opportunity to earn up to 1.7 CEUs. Click here to download the program schedule.
- Over 140 sessions including pre-symposium workshops, plenary sessions, instructional courses, papers, and posters
- A 127,000 square foot Exhibition Hall with over 150 exhibitors of products and services, with both public and attendee-only hours
- Social Event at Heinz Field
Registration for the 35th ISS is now open. Click here.
- Early Bird Rate: $659.00 USD (ends January 18, 2019)
- Regular Rate: $759.00 USD
- Student Rate: $250.00 USD
Exhibit Hall Booths Still Available. Link to PDF of the Exhibit Hall Layout
Exhibit Hall Hours
- Tuesday, March 19th: 1:00 to 8:00 PM (Community Day)
- Wednesday, March 20th: 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Thursday, March 21st: 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Friday, March 22nd: 7:30 to 10:30 AM
- Assistive Technology Professionals (ATP)
- Seating and Mobility Specialist (SMS)
- Rehabilitation Engineering Technologist (RET)
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Product Developers
- People with Disabilities
- Recreational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Engineers & Technicians
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors
- Policy Makers
The ISS supports participation by all individuals. Attendees with a special need should notify RSTCE as soon as possible and at least 30 days prior to the ISS in order to arrange for reasonable accommodations.
Attendees Consent to Use Photographic Image
By attending the 35th ISS, attendees give the University of Pittsburgh permission to use the attendee's image or voice in photographs, video recordings, electronic reproductions, social networking, and audio recordings both now and in the future.
* The ISS reserves the right to cancel and/or replace sessions including Pre-Symposium Workshops due to insufficient registrations.